The PHS Grade 10s have just finished their June Visual Art exam practical. They had to create an A3 pen and pencil drawing of a therianthrope/mystical being with an ornate border on 200g medium tooth paper. They had 9 hours plus class time during the term to complete the drawing.
The task enabled the student to:
- Develop their research skills in finding high resolution visual sources.
- Recombine found images to make an original and personal artwork.
- Resize and manipulate these images to create a natural flow in the new image.
- Develop a strong sense of composition and balance.
- Work precisely and meticulously to capture detail and tone.