Blog posts tagged in astro
Progress this week:
Installing the mole barriers.
Preparing the surface for the slurry.
Getting ready to pour the bases for the lights.
To date we have:
- Built the new spectator berm and replanted the grass on it
- Raised the playing surface with clean sand to the required height and slope.
- Levelled and compacted about 75% of the base layer.
This week we will:
- Finish off the base layer.
- Install the sub base system (for drainage).
- Import and install curbs.
Read the latest Forging A Future newsletter which is sent to Pinelands High School alumni and donors.
The work on our full-sized Hockey Astroturf has begun. There is great excitement in the air about the prospect of our students being able to train and compete on a world-class hockey facility.
Today we launched our fund-raising drive for the hockey Astroturf that we will start building later this month. We have a fund-raising target of R500 000, which is a huge challenge, but one we can meet together as the full school community. We already have R50 000 towards this goal!